Relay Graduate School of Education is committed to engaging in an interactive process with students who disclose physical, learning, medical, psychiatric, or other disabilities. If students would like to request reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related laws, they should complete the disability volunteer disclosure form found on Support Center and on the home page of each course in Canvas. This process may include scheduling an accommodation meeting with the Office of Student Affairs, securing medical document that verifies a barrier to the Relay program exists, and meeting with a representative from the Office of Student Affairs.
The Office of Student Affairs will review the disability disclosure form and supporting documents to determine if, and how, Relay can best provide access. If Relay can provide accommodations that meet the student’s need, the Office of Student Affairs will work with both the student and the campus to coordinate all accommodations granted. If appropriate, Relay may refer students to professional resources when deciding the level of disability and the level of further help and support required. This support and/or these accommodations will be monitored, reviewed, and adjusted annually, and can be reviewed at an earlier date if necessary.
Please be advised that Relay may not grant accommodations that:
- substantially alter the educational standards or mission of Relay,
- fundamentally alter the nature of the program, course, service, activity, and/or practice/policy as written and applied;
- allow access to a program when a student is not otherwise qualified (with or without accommodations) to meet the academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in an education program, course, service and/or activity;
- cause undue financial or administrative hardship (institution-wide);
- be of a personal service in nature (personal aid, study coach, individually paid tutor, etc.);
- pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the student with a disability or others as a result of accommodation implementation.
For any questions about accommodations, please feel free to reach out to the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.