Updating your personal information
Students who need to make changes to their teaching placement information (including school, grade, and subject area) are responsible for immediately updating the Registrar’s Office by submitting a student update form. Students can find the form on their status page in the student support tab. If you are having difficulty accessing your status page, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support.
Updating your Major/Area of Study
Students who would like to change their majors/areas of study should submit a Major/Area of Study Change Form to request a switch in either their major, area of study and/or concentration while enrolled at Relay. Students can find the form on their status page in the student support tab. If you are having difficulty accessing your status page, please reach out to email@example.com for technical support.
Students should follow the steps below to update their major/area of study
- Get approval from your employer. Students are required to have approval from their employer before deciding to switch majors/areas of study. Not applicable for students in New York and Connecticut
- Get approval from your prep program. Students who enroll as a part of a prep program are required to have received approval for the switch from their prep program first before Relay can consider approving the request. Not applicable for students in New York and Connecticut
- Talk with your advisor. Students should speak with their advisor before completing the Student Record Update Form. If you do not have an advisor please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete Major/Area of Study Change Form.
Your request will be processed between 7-10 business days. Your request may be delayed if you have not received approval from your employer or prep program (if applicable). Additionally, delays in processing your request may occur if your advisor does not recommend the change be processed at this time (usually due to academic progress and/or certification requirements). This can be avoided by ensuring that you talk with your advisor BEFORE submitting the student record update form. Please note major/area of study changes will not affect current term enrollments if submitted after the term census date. Any major or area of study changes requested after the census date will result in any appropriate course enrollment changes taking place at the start of the next term.
Updating your email address
During your time at Relay, we will rely heavily on e-mail for important communications. It is therefore important to check your email frequently to get the information you need like e-bills, financial aid updates, upcoming deadlines, certification holds, and other important information. Should there be any changes to the email we have on file, please be sure to take the following next steps:
- Once students are issued an @student.relay.edu email address, all Relay communication will be routed to this email. If students would like to update how their relay student email displays (e.g. due to name change), they should do so by submitting a Student Record Update form on the status page of their student support tab. Please note updating email addresses in Canvas does not result in a change to official Relay records.