Updating your personal information
Students who need to make changes to their teaching placement information (including school, grade, and subject area) are responsible for immediately updating the Registrar’s Office by submitting a student update form. Students can find the form on their status page in the student support tab on the status page. If you are having difficulty accessing your status page, please reach out to email@example.com for technical support.
Updating your Major
Students who would like to change their majors should submit a Major Change Form to request a switch in either their major and/or concentration while enrolled at Relay. Students can find the form on their status page in the student support tab on the status page. If you are having difficulty accessing your status page, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support.
Students should follow the steps below to update their major:
- Get approval from your employer. Students are required to have approval from their employer before deciding to switch majors. Not applicable for students in New York and Connecticut
- Get approval from your prep program. Students who enroll as a part of a prep program are required to have received approval for the switch from their prep program first before Relay can consider approving the request. Not applicable for students in New York and Connecticut
- Talk with your advisor. Students should speak with their advisor before completing the Student Record Update Form. If you do not have an advisor please reach out to email@example.com.
- Complete Major Change Form.
Your request will be processed between 7-10 business days. Your request may be delayed if you have not received approval from your employer or prep program (if applicable). Additionally, delays in processing your request may occur if your advisor does not recommend the change be processed at this time (usually due to academic progress and/or certification requirements). This can be avoided by ensuring that you talk with your advisor BEFORE submitting the student record update form. Please note majors cannot be changed for the current term after the term census date. Any changes requested after the census date would not go into effect until the following term.
Updating your email address
During your time at Relay, we will rely heavily on e-mail for important communications. It is therefore important to check your email frequently to get the information you need like e-bills, financial aid updates, upcoming deadlines, certification holds, and other important information. Should there be any changes to the email we have on file, please be sure to take the following next steps:
- If you were issued an @student.relay.edu email address, please use this form to update your email. Updating your email address in Canvas does not become a part of your official records.
- If you were not issued an @student.relay.edu email address, please visit http://rly.gs/emailchange. Relay's tech team will update student email in all Relay systems including the student portal and dashboard.