Direct unsubsidized loans are federal funds that you can borrow to help pay for the costs of your Relay education.
There are 5 main steps for applying for a federal loan:
1. Login to Relay's financial aid portal at finaid.relay.edu and click on "Menu" to check your current eligibility. If you do not see "Loans" or "TEACH Grant" as options in the menu, you are currently ineligible for federal aid. If you think this is in error, please contact SFS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Complete your 2018-2019 FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov and select Relay as a school to notify (school code: 042086).
3. Complete and sign a direct loan MPN (not the PLUS!) at StudentLoans.gov. Select Relay as a school to notify.
4. Complete loan entrance counseling at StudentLoans.gov. Select Relay as a school to notify.
5. Complete, sign, and submit a loan request form, located on the "Forms" section of finaid.relay.edu after clicking on Menu.