You can request that your TEACH Grant be turned into a direct unsubsidized loan at any point. You must then repay to the federal government the full amount plus all interest that would have accrued on the TEACH Grant funds that were disbursed to your student account. Once your TEACH Grant is turned into a loan, there is no converting it back.
- What is a TEACH grant and how do I apply?
- What are the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants?
- How do I know if I qualify for a TEACH Grant?
- How much is the TEACH Grant?
- When will I receive TEACH Grant funds?
- What will happen if I don’t comply with the TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve?
- What do I have to do after graduation to make sure that my TEACH Grant doesn’t get turned into a loan?
- What happens to my TEACH Grant if I decide that I don’t want to be a teacher anymore?
- What is the TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS)?