Once selected for the Residency Placement Program, you will be assigned to one of Relay’s campuses. Campus staff will share information with you about local school partners who will be receiving your resume and profile information from Relay. Relay partners with traditional school districts and charter-school networks. Specific needs will vary by partner, so you will not necessarily hear from all partners in your assigned region. The process of finding your school placement should be one of mutual fit—the school partner is interested in hiring a resident in a subject area for which you are eligible, and you are interested in working at that school.
- As a Relay Teacher in Residence will I receive any benefits, such as medical and dental care?
- What does the partner school interview process look like?
- What will I teach as a teacher-in-residence?
- Where can I find information about obtaining my teaching certification?
- How will schools know when I am ready to interview for a teacher-in-residence role?
- When and how will I find my school placement?