Before a meeting
- Plug in your USB Microphone to your computer, or your headphones with an inline mic.
- Log in to the Zoom client on your computer.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Click the Audio tab.
- Follow the sections below to test your speaker or microphone.
During a Meeting
You can access your audio settings and test your audio when you are already in a meeting.
- In the meeting controls, click the arrow next to Mute/Unmute.
- Click Audio Options. This will open your audio settings.
Testing your Speaker
- Click Test Speaker to play a test tone.
- If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the menu or adjust the volume.
Testing your Microphone
- In the Microphone section, you will see the green input level bar move when Zoom is picking up audio.
- Click Test Mic to test your microphone.
- Your audio will start recording. Click Recording when you are done and it will play it back. You can select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
- Select Automatically adjust microphone settings if you want Zoom to adjust the input volume