For Extended Enrollment please review these additional policies for additional information:
- Tuition for Extended Enrollment by Program Location
- Changing your Extended Enrollment Status
- State-Specific Extended Enrollment Policies
At times, students may have completed their academic program but still have outstanding certification requirements and are ineligible for their initial certification as a result. In states where enrollment in the institution is required for students to maintain an active provisional license, students may opt to remain enrolled through an extended enrollment option while they pursue their certification and/or where Relay is actively providing support for certification (e.g., additional classroom observations, edTPA support).
Students extending their enrollment for certification support will be enrolled in appropriate courses and/or receive other certification-related services from faculty members. Students who sign up for extended enrollment will be enrolled for up to one additional academic year (sequential summer, fall, and spring terms from initial graduation date) and will be liable for payment of all applicable fees (see Tuition for Extended Enrollment by Program Location for more information).
In order to be eligible to enroll for the extended enrollment (certification support) option, students must:
- Have completed their academic program;
- Be pursuing an initial teaching certificate in their state; and
- Be continuously enrolled in a program at Relay (minimum 1 term of enrolled coursework prior to requesting Extended Enrollment).
Additionally, students who extend their enrollment are held to the same tuition standards as other students. Namely, students must have their total balance paid below $500 on a term-by-term basis to remain enrolled. Failure to do so will result in an administrative withdrawal or graduation from Relay (if applicable) and disqualification from future terms of extended enrollment.
Extended enrollment is not a stand-alone program and as such students may not return to Relay from a status of “Leave of Absence”, “Withdrawal”, “Dismissal”, “Graduated”, “Graduation on Hold”, “Did Not Graduate” or any other non-enrolled status for the sole purpose of participating in extended enrollment. This option is solely for students who at the end of their coursework require additional time to complete state certification requirements.
Please note that students opting into extended enrollment will be delaying their program completion date (e.g., if a student from the Class of 2021 extends their enrollment through fall 2021, their program completion and degree conferral date will be January 10, 2022, rather than June 7, 2022).
You are not eligible for extended enrollment if:
- You have not been continuously enrolled at Relay (minimum 1 term enrolled coursework prior to requesting extended enrollment);
- You are beginning another Relay program (e.g. AC-SPED) in the year for which you are requesting extended enrollment;
- You have not completed your academic program requirements;
- You have a prior term(s) balance of greater than $500; and/or
- You have already graduated from the program in which you are requesting to extend your enrollment.