The US Department of Education confirmed Relay GSE will receive federal relief as a result of the American Rescue Plan (ARP). The ARP allocates funds to support individuals and organizations affected by the pandemic and economic downturn. Emergency relief will be provided to eligible students impacted by COVID-19, including funds for food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care.
As of May 14, 2021 Relay GSE acknowledges that the institution intends to distribute an additional $1,256,916 emergency funds received to students directly identified as of the highest need. An estimated 5800 students have been identified as eligible to participate in for emergency funds from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III).
Emergency Student Funds Disbursed (HEERF III)
- As of June 2, 2021, 0 students received an ARP emergency grant.
- As of July 1, 2021, 1740 students received an ARP emergency grant totaling $1,256,916
- This is the final quarterly posting of the final report that covers all remaining HEERF III fund expenditures for Section 18004(a)(1) Student Portion funds.
Emergency Institutional Funds Disbursed (HEERF III)
- HEERF I & II & III Quarterly Reporting (April 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021)
- HEERF I & II & III Quarterly Reporting (July 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021)
- HEERF I & II & III Quarterly Reporting (October 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021)
- This is the final quarterly posting of the final report that covers all remaining HEERF III fund expenditures for Section 18004(a)(1), (a)(2), and (a)(3) Institutional Portion funds.
Spring 2020 Emergency Student Funds (HEERF III)
Relay GSE has created an online application for students, faculty, and advisors to identify students most impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The form and grant availability are announced on the student Canvas portal. Applications must be completed by June 6, 2021.
The Relay GSE Emergency CARES Act Committee will review in one round:
- May 24, 2021 - June 6, 2021
And, the distribution of funds ranging from $200-$1000 will occur the following week after committee review.