The US Department of Education confirmed Relay GSE will receive federal relief as a result of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations ACT (CRRSAA). The CRRSSA allocates funds to support individuals and organizations affected by the pandemic and economic downturn. Emergency relief will be provided to eligible students impacted by COVID-19, including funds for food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care.
The US Department of Education announced it is limiting this funding to students who are eligible to receive federal financial aid and are enrolled in a program that met on-campus prior to the transition to online classes due to COVID-19. Under these guidelines, international students and students enrolled exclusively in an online program are not eligible to receive funding.
As of March 15, 2021 Relay GSE acknowledges that the institution intends to distribute an additional $370,221 emergency funds received to students directly identified as of the highest need. An estimated 3500 students have been identified as eligible to participate in Title IV programming and hence eligible for emergency funds from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II).
Emergency Student Funds Disbursed (HEERF II)
- As of April 5, 2021, 657 students received a CRRSAA emergency grant totaling $370,221
- This is the final quarterly posting of the final report that covers all remaining HEERF II fund expenditures for Section 18004(a)(1) Student Portion funds.
Emergency Institutional Funds Disbursed (HEERF II)
- HEERF I & II Quarterly Reporting (January 1, 2021 - March 31, 2021)
- HEERF I & II & III Quarterly Reporting (April 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021)
- This is the final quarterly posting of the final report that covers all remaining HEERF II fund expenditures for Section 18004(a)(1), (a)(2), and (a)(3) Institutional Portion funds.
Spring 2021 Emergency Student Funds (HEERF II)
Relay GSE has created an online application for students, faculty, and advisors to identify students most impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The form and grant availability is announced on the student Canvas portal. Applications must be completed by March 21, 2021.
The Relay GSE Emergency HEERF Committee will review:
- March 22, 2021 - April 2, 2021
And, the distribution of funds ranging from $200-$800 will occur the following week after committee review.