Relay requires that educational records be retained for specified periods of time to ensure the availability of critical records, comply with legal requirements, meet administrative needs, and eliminate unnecessary records.
- Education records are maintained by Relay in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Transcripts of academic records are permanently maintained.
- Relay retains education records for a minimum of five years after a student graduates or withdraws from the school.
- Education records may be kept for a longer duration if required by law or if there are other valid educational or administrative reasons.
- Education records that are no longer needed for their original purpose will be securely and confidentially destroyed.
- Relay will maintain a record of requests for and disclosures of student education records, including the names of individuals who requested or received the information and the purpose of the request or disclosure.