How long does it take for my materials to be marked as received?
The fastest and easiest way for you to see when your transcripts, recommendations and other application materials have arrived and been approved by Relay is by monitoring your personalized Admissions Checklist on your Status Page. Please monitor your Admissions Checklist to monitor the completeness of your application.
- Symbols: Pay particular attention to whether or not Relay received your official transcript(s), official transcript reflecting that you have earned your bachelor’s degree, and recommendations.
- A “ Received” means we have received the material.
- A “ Awaiting” means it’s missing.
- Approved by Relay: Many items on your checklist appear twice with one of the labels beginning with “Approved by Relay.” Items will appear twice on your checklist when you have provided an item to Relay and that item needs to be individually approved by a member of the Relay staff before we mark it as “Received.” Please allow up to 5 business days for a received item to show up as “Approved by Relay” on your Status Page.
- Recommendations: Recommendations automatically appear as “Received” after your recommender submits their form (if your program requires recommendations).
- Complete Applications: We can only review completed applications, so the sooner we receive all your materials (including your transcripts and recommendations as well as other forms on your personalized Admissions Checklist on your status page, like your Program & Instructional Role Form and Awards & Scholarships Form), the sooner you will receive your admissions decision and access to coursework.
- Timelines: While timelines vary depending on your program and application details, you can expect to receive an admissions decision 4–6 weeks after you submit a complete application (starting in April 1).
What does “Priority: Official Undergraduate Transcript" and "Transcript Showing Bachelor's Degree Earned" mean?
- Received by Relay: Priority Official Undergraduate Transcript: This material will be marked as “Received” after we receive your official transcript from your undergraduate institution.
- Approved by Relay: Priority Official Undergraduate Transcript: This material will be marked as “Received” after Relay received and reviewed your official transcript from your institution.
- Transcript Showing Bachelor's Degree Earned: This material will be marked as “Received” after we receive your official transcript from your undergraduate institution demonstrating you earned your bachelor’s degree.
My Admissions Checklist shows that my application is “Under Review.” What does that mean?
“Under Review” means our national and campus teams are reviewing your application. While we aim to review applications as quickly as possible, a review can take a couple of weeks, depending on the program to which you are applying. You will receive an update by email with either an admissions decision or follow up questions. We appreciate your patience.
I submitted my transcript over a week ago and it’s showing as missing on my checklist. What do I do?
Please kindly wait one week (5 business days) from the date you expect the transcript arrived in our New York office before reaching out. We update Checklists daily and, due to high volume, it can take 5 days for yours to be updated after your transcript arrives in our office.
If you expect your transcript arrived at our New York office over five days ago, below are your next steps.
- Please follow up with the institution sending your transcript to confirm the date it was sent to Relay.
- Email Relay details about the transcript(s) sent to us. Please include:
- If transcripts were sent electronically or via hard copy; and
- If they were sent electronically, the date, order confirmation number, and the name of the electronic provider (e.g., National Student Clearinghouse, eScrip-Safe, Parchment, etc.).
My checklist shows my transcript as “Received” over a week ago, but it’s not showing as “Approved by Relay” on my checklist. What should I do?
Please kindly wait one week (5 business days) from the date your transcript was marked as received on your checklist for it to appear as approved. Due to high volume, it can take 5 days for your checklist to be updated once we have received and reviewed your transcript. Please note that we prioritize the review of transcripts where you earned or are earning your bachelor's degree.
- You will receive separate emails once we receive your official, degree-conferred transcript and/or your recommendations (regardless of whether or not you submitted your application).
- We kindly ask that you proactively check your personalized Admissions Checklist on your Status Page to monitor the receipt of your materials.