Exit Counseling is a short online course that educates you on how to properly repay your federal loans if you meet any of the following requirements after receiving federal financial aid:
- Are expecting to graduate
- Have dropped below half-time enrollment
- Withdraw or stop attending
- Transfer to another school
- Take a leave of absence greater than 180 days
The length of time it takes to complete Exit Counseling depends on the individual. It usually takes about 20-30 minutes. Please note you cannot partially complete a counseling session, save it, and finish at a later time. The counseling must be completed in one session.