How many recommendations are required to apply to Relay?
- Relay requires one recommendation from all applicants (if your program requires a recommendation).
- Please do not add more than one recommendation to your application, as this may delay the processing of your application.
How do I submit recommendations for my application?
- In your application, you will enter the contact information for a recommender who has served as a manager, colleague, or professor. Your recommender should be someone who has been a supervisor in an academic, employment, or community-service context and can speak to your academic strengths, experience and/or potential as an educator, as well as fit for Relay. Your recommender cannot be a future employer.
- Saving your answers on the recommendation section generates an automatic email to your recommender. Confirm the email address you entered is correct and up-to-date.
- Your recommender will receive an email with a link to our online form. The form contains a few short questions about their experience working with you. The recommender also has the option to upload a recommendation letter.
Once you have submitted your application, you can visit your Admissions Checklist via this portal regularly to see when your recommendation has been received. You are responsible for following up with your recommender to ensure they complete our online form by the admissions deadline.
How can I change my recommender?
To change your recommender or the emails of your recommender, please take the steps below.
- Log into your application
- If you already submitted your application, visit your personalized Admissions Checklist on your Status Page and click on the recommendations link.
- If you have not submitted your application, log directly into your application.
How can I remind my recommender to submit their recommendation?
- Please call or email your recommender to remind them to submit Relay's online prompt as soon as possible.
- You can also resend the form to your recommenders by re-visiting your recommendations page via the link on your personalized Admissions Checklist on your Status Page.
- Click "Edit."
- Click "Send Reminder."