Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants are federal grants for students in the education field who agree to teach for at least four academic years as highly qualified teachers serving low-income students in high-need fields. The four-year commitment (also known as the TEACH Grant service obligation) must be completed within eight calendar years of exiting Relay.
There are 5 main steps for applying for a TEACH grant:
1. Login to Relay's financial aid portal at finaid.relay.edu and click on "Menu" to check your current eligibility. If you do not see "TEACH Grant" as an option on the menu, you are currently ineligible. If you think this is in error, please contact SFS at email@example.com.
2. Complete your 2018-2019 FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov and select Relay as a school to notify (school code: 042086).
3. Complete and sign the Agreement to Serve at StudentLoans.gov. Select Relay as a school to notify.
4. Complete TEACH entrance counseling at StudentLoans.gov. Select Relay as a school to notify.
5. Complete, sign, and submit a TEACH grant application form, located on the "Forms" section of finaid.relay.edu after clicking on Menu.