**If you already have a “My AmeriCorps” account, please feel free to skip to Step 2!
1. Create a “My AmeriCorps” account:
- Go to http://my.americorps.gov.
- Select the “Register to create a new Member/Alum account” link found below
the login prompt.
- Enter your information and make sure to use a valid e-mail address. A
confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail account that you list.
- When you receive this e-mail, open it and click on the link within to create a
- After you’ve created the username and password, the website should
automatically sign you in.
2. Confirm that your award is ready for you to redeem:
- On the left hand side, select the “My Education Award” link.
- If your award is ready, you will see the award and amount listed in your “Account Statement.”
3. Create an education award payment request:
- From the left toolbar, select “My Education Award” and then “Create Education
Award Payment Request” link.
- Under payment type, select “Education Expenses.”
- Enter the amount you wish to release.
- Under semester or term, please indicate which term you intend to pay for.
- Select the “Search for Institutions” link and enter “Relay” as the institution name.
Select “Relay Graduate School of Education.”
- Complete any remaining confirmations and submit your request.
4. Confirm Relay has accepted your request:
- Within 4-5 business days of submitting your payment request, your student
statement will be updated with a line item titled, “AmeriCorps receipt.”
- If you notice an incorrect amount on your statement or if your statement has not been updated after 1 week from releasing your award, please reach out to us at 212-228-1888 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.