To apply, applicants are required to submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (even where a degree was not earned).
Due to the recent COVID-19 Outbreak, Relay has adjusted our transcript requirements. As we currently cannot enter our offices, Relay is not currently able to receive hard-copy transcripts. Please see below for how to submit transcripts to Relay. Please note that instructions may differ by campus.
Applicants should prioritize sending to Relay their transcript from their undergraduate institution where they earned/are earning their bachelor's degree. If you are graduating soon and unsure of whether you should send your transcripts in now or wait until you receive your official transcripts that demonstrate that you have earned your bachelor's degree, check the application deadline for your program here.
Applicants can submit their transcript(s) the following ways:
- Official, electronic transcripts (preferred)
- Official, hard-copy transcripts (with conditions)
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded by applicant (not permitted for applicants to any programs in Relay Texas)
Electronic Transcripts must meet all of the following criteria:
- *Sent via third-party website to email@example.com;
- Include instructions for accessing the verified official transcript via a secure username and password; and
- Be from a U.S.-based institution.
*Please refer to your institution for specific guidance on how to request electronic transcripts.
Our recommendation is that you submit electronic transcripts. If you can only receive a hard-copy transcript from your institution, please utilize the instructions below to submit to Relay.
Official Hard-Copy Transcripts must follow the instructions for submission below:
- Request that your institution mail to you a hard-copy transcript
- Applicants must sign & date the sealed envelope that contains the official transcript with their name and the date they are opening the transcript
- Applicants must take a picture of the signed & sealed official transcript and email that along with a scanned version of the transcript (that shows the front and back) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If offered admissions, applicants will be admitted conditionally as a non-matriculated (non-matric) student until the applicant mails in the official transcript that demonstrates their bachelor's degree was earned to: Relay GSE, Office of Admissions and Enrollment, 25 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10004.
- Applicants should mail in the official transcript as soon as possible. Relay will process these upon our re-entrance to our office space.
If you are unable to send your official electronic transcript or your hard-copy transcript using the guidance above, for applicants applying to programs outside of Texas, you may upload unofficial transcripts and be considered for conditional admittance as a non-matriculated student.
**Unofficial Transcripts must meet all of the following criteria:
- Please Note: If your unofficial transcript(s) does not contain your NAME or your INSTITUTION'S NAME, they WILL NOT be applied to your application.
- Each unofficial transcript must include the following to be considered:
- The following for each course:
- Course Name
- Course Number
- Course Grade
- Course Credits
- Credits Earned
- The following for each course:
- Includes your cumulative GPA for courses taken at the institution
- Includes a transcript key that details how credits and GPA are calculated at your institution
Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded via your status page under Unofficial Transcript upload(s). Please only upload 1 file per transcript.
Applicants who are applying to Relay programs in Texas: Please note that the restriction around submitting unofficial transcripts applies only to the transcript from your undergraduate institution where you earned/are earning your bachelor's degree. You may email unofficial transcripts for your non-bachelor's degree institutions to email@example.com.
**Please Note: Relay can only offer conditional acceptance to applicants who submit unofficial transcripts. These students will be admitted as Non-Matriculated (non-matric) due to Outstanding Bachelor's Degree. For more information about this policy, please click here. Applicants offered admissions as Non-Matriculated due to Outstanding Bachelor's Degree students will have until ***October 1, 2020 to submit their official transcript that demonstrates that they have earned their bachelor's degree. If, by October 1, the student does not submit an official transcript demonstrating their bachelor's degree was earned and that they earned an undergraduate GPA of at east 2.75, they will be administratively withdrawn from Relay.
***Applicants to Relay Chicago must submit to Relay their official transcript that confirms that their bachelor's degree has been conferred by July 31, 2020. If, by July 31, the student does not submit an official transcript demonstrating their bachelor's degree was earned and that they earned an undergraduate GPA of at east 3.0, they will not be entitled for an Educator License with Stipulations and may be administratively withdrawn from Relay.
If you earned credit from an institution outside of the United States, please visit our Guide to Submitting Non-U.S. Transcripts to Relay and our Support Center article “How do I apply to Relay if I earned credit from a non-U.S. (international) institution?” before applying.
Please allow up to *five business days for transcripts to be marked as received on your personalized Admissions Checklist on your Status Page (though it's typically far sooner!).