New York students in our One-Year Advanced Certificate in Special Education program who are interested in pursuing an Initial or Professional License in Special Education should complete the steps outlined in this document to obtain their license in the state of New York.
- How can I review my certificate application status on TEACH?
- New York State Certificate Overview
- New York Teacher Certification/Licensure Guides
- How do I apply for and receive the program code for my Transitional B, Initial, and Professional Certificates?
- How do I obtain my Professional Teaching Certificate (New York State)
- I am an NYC Advanced Certificate in Special Education student. What must I do to be eligible for my Initial or Professional License in Special Education?
- What are the new NY State certification requirements for teachers pursuing a Students with Disabilities: Adolescent 7-12 Generalist certificate?
- Am I eligible to apply for certification in other states? Which states have reciprocity with NY?