Thank you for choosing Relay as your certification program. If you are currently or were previously enrolled in a certification program, there are a few additional steps that will need to be completed to pursue certification at Relay.
Previously or Currently Enrolled in a Texas-based Certification Program
Alternative Certification Program (ACP)
If you are currently or were previously enrolled in an alternative certification program (ACP), please complete the items below.
- Candidate Transfer Form: Request a candidate transfer form for your current/previous alternative certification program. See attachment for a copy of the candidate transfer form (located at bottom of article).
- Purpose: Transfer record of enrollment to Relay.
- After the transfer form has been completed by you (the candidate) and your previous program, email a copy of your form to email@example.com and bring your transfer form with you to Orientation. You do not need to complete Part C of the form.
Undergraduate Certification Program
If you are currently or were previously enrolled in an undergraduate certification program (ACP), please complete the items below.
- Contact your undergraduate institution: Contact the certification director/program manager at your undergraduate institution to learn more about the transfer process. In some cases, it may be more feasible to complete your certification through your undergraduate institution depending on your progress.
- Contact Relay: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your TEA ID, the name of your undergraduate institution, and an update on your progress. Please include the name of the Relay campus you are applying to and/or your application ID in the email.
Previously Enrolled in an out-of-state certification program
Transferring certification from out-of-state
If you have made significant progress towards certification and would like to transfer into Relay's certification program, please:
- Contact Relay: Email email@example.com with the name of your program and an update on your progress. Please include the name of the Relay campus you are applying to and/or your application ID in the email. Based on this information, our Texas Certification team will inform you on next steps.
Not seeking certification transfer from out-of-state
If you are currently or previously enrolled in a certification program outside of Texas and are not seeking to transfer, there are no additional steps.
How to contact the Texas Education Agency
- Option 1: Submit a ticket to the TEA Help Desk
- Option 2: Call (512)936-8400 and enter Option 2 for certification staff
This article is intended for incoming 2020 applicants/students who are pursuing certification at a Relay Texas campus. For more articles on Texas certification, click here.