Overview of Student Shared Spaces
The Relay NYC student shared spaces includes a library, resource center, lounge and pantry. Below is an overview of each of these spaces. Wireless access is available in all of these spaces and can be access using the below details.
Student Network Internet Access
- Domain: RelayGSE Guest
- Password: WeTeachTeachers!
- For computer or printer problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The student library is available to all students, as well as alumni and external guests who have a pre-arranged appointment time. Appointments can be requested at email@example.com
- Library hours of operation during the academic school year are listed below. During these hours, the Library Director or Coordinator will be available to answer questions, check out materials, and manage resource room materials. Outside of these hours, the library will be closed.
- Monday - Thursday, 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Saturday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Student Resource Center
- The student resource center is an area for students to gain access to information, materials or resources that will improve their teaching and learning. It is currently equipped with office supplies, a copy machine, and a collaborative working space.
- The resource center is open during Relay campus hours, but will only be staffed during library hours. The copy machine is available for students to make copies. Currently, the machine does not have the ability for students to print materials
- The student resource center is available to all students, as well as alumni and external guests who have a pre-arranged appointment time. Appointments can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The student lounge is a comfortable area open to students for gathering, studying and relaxing
- The student pantry is a place for students to store, access and consume refreshments. It is currently equipped with a refrigerator, microwaves and a vending machine.
Student Shared Space Policies
Common Rules for Student Shared Spaces
- Be respectful towards others and of all items and property
- Food and beverages are allowed in the student lounge. Please clean up and throw away your garbage when you are done, including the appliances you use
- Be courteous during classroom sessions and events and refrain from disruptive activity (loud music, conversations, etc.)
- Students are responsible for their own personal items. No items are to be left or stored in the student lounge. Relay will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items
- Furniture should be used for its intended purpose. Vaulting, standing or jumping on furniture is prohibited. Do not place your feet or shoes on any furniture, tables or chairs
- If furniture is moved, the furniture must be LIFTED and not dragged across the floor. It must also be returned to its original location after use
- Facilities are smoke-free. Tobacco, vapor cigarettes, any smoking devices, drugs and gambling or any kind is prohibited
- Alcoholic beverages may be served only to those of legal drinking age (21).
- No intoxicated individuals will be permitted
- Bicycles will not be permitted in 25 Broadway or any of Relay’s dedicated facility space.
- All decorations and postings must be approved and may only be displayed on approved surfaces
- Glitter, or any type of confetti may not be used on premises
- No candles, wicks, open flames, incense/perfumes or the burning of any materials is permitted.
- Items cannot be nailed, tacked, stapled, glued, taped or otherwise fastened to ceilings, walls, windows, columns, painted surfaces, and doorways without the approval from Relay's Facilities Manager. All signs and or decorations of any type must be self-supported and/or free standing.
- Windows may not be covered under any circumstances.
- Pets are not permitted, unless they are ADA-recognized