What is Extended Enrollment?
The Extended enrollment option supports you in earning your New York State teaching certification as you continue your career as a teacher. This is an option for New York Master of Arts in Teaching students who have satisfied all graduation requirements but will remain enrolled in their program as a non-credit bearing student to complete outstanding New York State certification requirements.
What Does this mean?
- Your Transitional B certificate, if you were issued one in TEACH, will remain valid allowing you to teach in New York State.
- You can remain on extended enrollment for one academic year and conclude your extended enrollment at any time.
- You will not be eligible for any federal financial aid nor be eligible for an in-school deferment.
- You will not be eligible to request a degree conferred transcript but can request a non- degree conferred transcript or enrollment letter here.
- Your degree will be conferred at the end of the term when your extended enrollment concludes.
How Much will it cost?
- You will be charged a flat rate of $275 per term which will be reflected on your billing statement.
Please note that you must cancel your extended enrollment via firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the census date in order not to be charged.