What is Extended Enrollment?
The Extended enrollment option supports you in earning your New York State teaching certification as you continue your career as a teacher. This is an option for New York Master of Arts in Teaching students who have satisfied all graduation requirements but will remain enrolled in their program as a non-credit bearing student to complete outstanding New York State certification requirements.
What Does this mean?
- Your Transitional B certificate, if you were issued one in TEACH, will remain valid allowing you to teach in New York State.
- You can remain on extended enrollment for one academic year and conclude your extended enrollment at any time.
- You will not be eligible for any federal financial aid nor be eligible for an in-school deferment.
- You will not be eligible to request a degree conferred transcript but can request a non- degree conferred transcript or enrollment letter here.
- Your degree will be conferred at the end of the term when your extended enrollment concludes.
How Much will it cost?
- You will be charged a flat rate of $275 per term which will be reflected on your billing statement.
To learn more details about Extended Enrollment, please follow this link for frequently asked questions about this policy. If you have additional questions, please feel free to sign up for office hours here or email email@example.com.