Incoming Relay Denver Residents must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Secure a full-time instructional or paraprofessional position in a grade and subject that matches their intended Relay program of study at a partner school for SY20-21;
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (although applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 3.0 but at least 2.75 may be considered for admission by submitting an additional letter of recommendation that explains their qualifications for admission to Relay).
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 but less than 2.75 may be admitted as a non-matriculated student. (NOTE: Applicants who earned an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 AND provide an official transcript demonstrating they earned a graduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.0, may be considered for matriculated status.)
- Relay cannot consider applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for admission of any kind;
- Submit all transcripts, including an official degree-conferred undergraduate transcript that shows proof of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; and
- Relay Denver offers applicants two options to demonstrate content knowledge for admission:
- 1) Meet Colorado State Board of Education content knowledge options, or
- 2) Provide verification of an upcoming Praxis II exam.
- In response to COVID-19, applicants who would have chosen option 2 (provide verification of an upcoming Praxis II exam) will have this option waived and will not be required to provide this verification. However, we strongly recommend applicants register for a Praxis II exam in late May or early June, (see below).
- Submit scores from one of the four following Basic Skills Exams:
- Praxis Core (can be passing or failing); or
- SAT (no minimum cutoff); or
- ACT (no minimum cutoff); or
- GRE (no minimum cutoff)
Scores can be submitted as a screenshot, official score report, or unofficial score report. Soft copies of scores are required with the application.
All prospective Residents must complete the Relay online admissions application, which includes an essay, resume, recommendations, and state-specific requirements (e.g. certification exams if required).