Due to the novel COVID-19 outbreak, as of March 19, 2020, many Pk-12 schools across the country that employ Relay students have either closed or moved instruction to online learning. Given the magnitude of these trying times and associated state mandates, students who unfortunately lose their teaching placements will be granted an extension pass the 30-day policy to find a new teaching placement.
Students who have lost their teaching position in Summer or Fall 2020 will have an extension to secure employment through the end of the fall 2020 term. When a new teaching placement is found, please be sure to inform Relay by submitting a student update form. If your teaching location has changed, please submit a student update form immediately and notify your campus dean and/or faculty advisor.
Students, who have lost employment, must inform Relay within one business day by submitting a student update form and notifying their faculty advisor. Please note, a loss of position could have an impact on your certification eligibility and/or financial responsibilities. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to better understand your circumstances.
Students who have not yet secured employment for the Spring 2021 term may take a leave of absence or withdrawal; failure to do so could lead to administrative withdrawal. Please review the timeline below to help you make decisions that are right for you.
- 1/11/2021: Last date of the Fall 2020 term
- Students who take a leave of absence or withdraw after the census date (10/5/2020), and before the end of the term (1/11/2021) will receive a “W” in Fall 2020 courses to indicate withdrawal from courses that term
- Students who take a leave of absence or withdraw on or after the end of the term (1/11/2021 and later) will receive grades in their coursework.
- All tuition owed will be due in full upon exiting Relay, including outstanding balances from prior terms.
- 2/1/2021: First day of Spring 2021 term
- Students who have experienced a loss of employment through December 2020 will have an administrative withdrawal initiated if they have not yet updated employment or taken a leave of absence/withdrawn
- 2/16/2021: Spring 2021 Census Date
- Students who have not yet updated their employment or taken a leave of absence/withdrawn will be administratively withdrawn on this date. Students who lose employment in January or during the spring 2021 term can remain enrolled in Relay through the end of the Summer 2021 term
- Similar to the Fall 2020 term extension, students who have not yet secured employment or taken a leave of absence/withdrawn will have an admin withdrawal initiated on the first date of the Fall 2021 term (Sept. 7) and processed on the fall 2021 term census date
Please Note: Major and course enrollments are final after the census date of the term. If students are interested in changing their major due to a change in placement, students can complete student update form immediately and notify their campus dean and/or faculty advisor to learn more about state-specific requirements regarding their content coursework, as well as any associated tuition required to take additional coursework to complete your major.
It is also important for students to understand the tuition implications while remaining enrolled at Relay after they lose their teaching placement. Please reach out to the Student Financial Services team (SFS) by sending an email to email@example.com, signing up for an appointment, or giving them a call at 212-228-1888 to learn about tuition implications.