As of Wednesday, March 25th, Relay Atlanta pivoted to online instruction in response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak and to ensure graduate student learning is not interrupted. We also have temporarily closed our administrative office, though staff and faculty are continuing to work remotely.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any additional questions.
FOR INCOMING CANDIDATES
The deadline to apply for Relay Atlanta’s Teacher Residency for the 2020-21 school year can be found here.
Applications must be complete – including receipt of transcripts and recommendation form(s) – to be processed for admissions. Please note that Relay is currently unable to receive hard copy transcripts. Please see here for information on how to submit your transcripts to Relay; see here for guidance if COVID-19 has impacted your undergraduate transcript or graduation date. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Incoming candidates are expected to pass the Georgia Educator Ethics- Program Entry. Passing this ethics module is required to obtain a teaching certification.
We want to assure you that we are proactively reaching out to state agencies and testing companies for guidance related to the GACE testing requirement in light of COVID-19. ETS – the company that operates GACE exams – states that testing centers will be closed until at least April 13th. You can reschedule your test at no additional cost; see here for more information. Please monitor updates on the ETS webpage for updates regarding GACE testing center closures.
As of March 19, the Georgia Professional Standards Commission has not issued new guidance related to certification. Therefore, certification candidates must complete the following within the first year to receive their initial Georgia certification.
- Submit official transcripts from all prior institutions - including one showing degree was conferred
- Pre-Service Application Requirements:
- Georgia Educator Ethics- Program Entry
- Personal Affirmations Completed and Saved within MyPSC
- Verification of Lawful Presence Affidavit with a copy of the license
- Program Admissions Requirements- Satisfy at least one of the following
- Pass the GACE Program Admissions Exam
- Submit Exemption Documentation
- ACT minimum composite score of 43 in English and Mathematics
- SAT minimum composite score of 1000 prior to 2019; 1080 after 2019
- GRE minimum composite score of 297 on Verbal and Quantitative
- Pass GACE Content Assessment
- Submit Initial Certification Application with your employer
FOR INCOMING and CURRENT STUDENTS
Orientation for first-year graduate students will take place on the following date:
- Thursday, July 2 from 8:00- 5:00 pm
Summer term classes for first-year graduate students will take place on the following dates:
- Monday, July 6- 10 from 8:00- 5:00 pm
These classes are scheduled to take place in-person in Atlanta. If changes to this plan are required, new information will be posted in this document.
Relay Tuition/Financial Options
See here for information regarding financial aid and other tuition options.