From reviewing coursework to accessing library resources to submitting assignments, technology is a major component of the Relay experience.
- Laptop or computer - View the specific requirements here. Some students receive a work laptop from their employer. Please check with your employer to confirm.
- Internet w/ strong connection - Required to participate in live, synchronous class sessions, access coursework, and submit assignments. Ideal internet speeds for participating optimally in an online class are 3 - 5 Mbps. You can check your internet speed here.
- Microsoft Office (or compatible program) - Microsoft Word and Excel are used for various assignments. Other compatible programs can be used but may encounter formatting issues upon submission.
- If you are utilizing a laptop issued by your employer, it may already include Microsoft Office. If not, your district or network may be eligible for a free or discounted Office 365 account offered by Microsoft. Learn more here.
- Headphones w/ microphone - A tool to help you hear your classmates better and limit external background noise during online class sessions.
- Webcam - Used to fully engage in your online class session's discussions and activities. Most laptops have a built-in webcam.