Information for Incoming Graduate Students
Please see the most up-to-date information regarding Houston’s COVID-19 response for prospective students below. As always, if you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions: Application Items & Transcripts
We will be working with you to complete your admissions items and understand that there may be challenges along the way related to the coronavirus. As we navigate this experience together, please proactively communicate what support you need by connecting with us at email@example.com.
- Relay Houston’s admissions deadlines are here. Please note that Relay is currently unable to receive hard copy transcripts. Please see here for information on how to submit your transcripts to Relay.
- Applicants to the Relay Teaching Residency in Houston are highly encouraged to complete their application requirements as soon as possible to secure their SY20-21 teaching placement, set up their email account, unlock access to the Relay digital library, and begin their orientation courses.
- All incoming certification-seeking students are expected to study for their TExES content test with the goal of passing a practice test during Summer Session. Review the TExES Content Test Preparation Guide for more information.
Summer Class Logistics (updated 5/11)
The 2-week Relay Houston Summer I Session is scheduled for July 13-17 and July 20-25. In the event of an outbreak concern, the Class of 2022 Campus Bulletin will be updated and students will be notified of the alternate plan in the weekly emails (sent on Mondays).
Our students' health and safety is a top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation and will follow the guidance of the CDC and local health officials. At this time, Summer Session is scheduled to be held online using synchronous instruction. For specific details, view the Summer Session page on the Class of 2022 Campus Bulletin.
Fall Class Logistics (updated 6/29)
- All classes at Relay Houston will be online through the end of the fall term. We will continue to monitor the situation and extend as needed for the health & safety of our students, faculty & staff.
- If you are unable to complete coursework or participate in Summer Session for reasons related to COVID-19, please reach out to Professor Varughese, firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay Tuition & Financial Options
- See here for information regarding applying for financial aid and other tuition options.
Preparing for Graduate School
- I am an incoming student to Relay Houston's Teaching Residency. What should I do to prepare?
- Houston Incoming Resident FAQ
Our physical offices are closed but our support staff is available during standard business hours. Connect with us at email@example.com or schedule a phone call with the Relay Houston team at calendly.com/relayhouston
For COVID-19 information for current Relay Houston students, click here.