INFORMATION FOR CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
Relay Houston Classes
All Relay Houston classes for the 2019-20 school will be conducted online through May 29th. Current graduate students will continue to receive class logistics from their professors.
Please look out for more information to be posted here regarding Summer Term class information.
Our physical offices are closed but our support staff is available during standard business hours. Connect with us at email@example.com or schedule a phone call with the Relay Houston team at calendly.com/relayhouston
Pearson, the Texas Education Agency's (TEA) designated testing vendor, reopened testing centers on May 1, 2020. You can reschedule your test at no additional cost; see here for more information. Please monitor updates on the Pearson website for information regarding testing center closures.
- Y1: At the time of this writing, the TEA has not indicated an changes or exceptions to policy regarding testing and certification. All certification-seeking candidates are expected to complete any remaining requirements within their control by June 30, 2020. All updates will be posted on the Campus Bulletin and shared in your faculty advisor's weekly email.
- Y2 & TFA: The TEA will be granting emergency Probationary Certificates to teacher candidates already on an Intern Certificate that were unable to complete their testing requirements because of test center closures. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Relay Tuition & Financial Options
Federal Loans: All borrowers with federally held student loans will automatically have their interest rates set to 0% for a period of at least 60 days. In addition, borrowers now have the option to suspend their payments without accruing interest for at least two months to allow them greater flexibility during the national emergency. To request this forbearance, borrowers should contact their loan servicer online or by phone.
As a Relay AmeriCorps member during this unprecedented time, please be assured that you remain on track to complete a full-service term with eligibility to receive your full Segal education award. To learn more, view the following articles:
- What does Relay AmeriCorps’ Teleservice Policy mean?
- What impact does COVID-19 have on my status as an AmeriCorps member?
Relay Houston Swag Rewards
Given the current climate, Relay Houston Swag Rewards for SY19-20 has been suspended. All funding for swag rewards will be reallocated to a student appreciation surprise at the end of the school year. More information to come!
Class of 2020
Relay Houston Class of 2020 Graduation
Due to the growing public health concern, the global impact, and potential for community transmission, we have a responsibility to you all, your families, Relay faculty and staff, and the greater community to minimize the risk associated with spreading the virus. We regret to inform you that in-person commencement has been canceled for the Class of 2020.
As you can imagine, this was not an easy decision to make. Graduation is a joyous and celebratory time for the Relay community to come together with students and families to honor your accomplishments and toast your hard work and dedication. Please know that the lack of a physical celebration does not diminish the growth you have made or the impact of your collective efforts with your students.
Please know that we are still evaluating options relative to celebrating the Class of 2020 and their accomplishments. We will communicate this decision as soon as it is made so that you can plan accordingly.
Class of 2021
Residency & COVID-19 FAQ
View this document for information regarding deliberate practice, hiring, gateways, and more.
Summer Session (also known as Summer 2)
Summer 2 will be held online from June 15-18.
- Early Childhood Education Summer 2 Schedule & Logistics
- Elementary & Secondary Summer 2 Schedule & Logistics
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
For COVID-19 information for incoming Relay Houston students, click here.