Relay recognizes the many challenges and changes imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Relay will be offering an optional Pass/Fail grading policy for all courses offered in Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 terms to students as they continue their academics online. While all courses are eligible, and students may choose to take some or all courses Pass/Fail, there are considerations that students should take into account. For example, it is important to note that the minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA requirement for graduation will remain unchanged. This means that taking coursework Pass/Fail for some students may not be the right option. Additionally, there are some limitations for non-matriculated students (non-matrics). You can read the full policy here, as well as review the FAQs here to better understand if opting in may be right for you.
To opt-in to a course or courses being graded as Pass/Fail, students must:
- Meet with their advisor to review their current academic progress and complete the GPA predictor tool to determine the impact on academic standing and your cumulative GPA before submitting their P/F request form
- Request the option to select Pass/Fail for specific courses by submitting the Pass/Fail(P/F) request form to the Registrar’s Office by June 2, 11:59 local time. Please note, once submitted, the request is final and cannot be changed.
This policy is applicable to students at the following campuses during Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 terms:
- Relay Chicago
- Relay Connecticut
- Relay Denver
- Relay Delaware
- Relay Indianapolis
- Relay Memphis
- Relay Nashville
- Relay New York (Fall 2020 only)
- Relay Newark
- Relay Online <this is applicable to students enrolled in the Relay Online campus as their home campus; this does not apply to students enrolled in a campus where Pass/Fail is not being offered at this time>
- Relay Texas - Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio,
- Relay Washington DC
If you have additional questions, please feel free to sign up for office hours here or email email@example.com.