You are still enrolled at Relay, with corresponding academic, financial, and administrative responsibilities, until the withdrawal or leave of absence form is processed and you receive an email confirmation from the Registrar’s Office (RO.) Most withdrawal and leave of absence requests are processed within two weeks of the request being received. If you have requested a leave of absence or a withdrawal effective for the end of the term, your exit will be processed no later than one week into the following term to ensure your grades are finalized for your academic records.
To better understand the estimated processing time, please reference below:
After learning the implications of early exits from the program and you decide to still take a leave of absence or withdraw:
- You submit the form. An automated notification is sent confirming Relay's receipt of your request.
- An automated notification is sent to the Location to determine if this is the best option for you to take.
- The Registrar's Office updates your Relay student record with an initiated date to indicate your interest to exit the program.
- The campus may also follow up with you, your advisor, and or school leader to learn additional details
- Leave of Absences: The location/advisor informs the Registrar's Office of a decision. Location/Advisor's approval review should be made within 1 week upon request to ensure students are updated in a timely manner.
- Withdrawals: The location reviews your request in case changes need to be made before the processing date. If the Registrar's Office does not hear back, they will proceed with processing.
- The Registrar's Office processes Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Application
- Leave of absences: within two-three days of the decision. Please note Year 1 students in CT, IL, TX, and TN requests will not be processed until attendance has been confirmed.*
- Withdrawals: following Friday from when you initially submitted the form. Please note Year 1 students in CT, IL, TX, and TN requests will not be processed until attendance has been confirmed.*
- The Registrar's Office will send you a confirmation email. The Office of Student Financial Services will follow up about how to pay any outstanding Relay tuition and fees.