Students can view their billing statements by term, see all transactions including upcoming federal financial aid and partner or school contributions, and sign up for a payment plan. You can also add other authorized people to make a payment toward your account.
To add an authorized payer to your Nelnet Account please use the following steps:
Please log into your Okta portal:
Click on Minerva
- Click on Finance in the top portion of the screen
- Click “Pay Using Nelnet” in the bottom portion of the screen
- (If applicable) Create an account
- Click on Transaction Details to view an itemized statement (view instructional screencast linked here.)
- On the blue navigation bar at the top of the screen, the student clicks My Profile.
- Click Add or Edit in the Manage Payers section, depending on the action you want to take.
- Authorized Party (AP) Information: Complete the First and Last Name fields.
- Students can check to Include the details that make up my balance. This allows the authorized party to view the transaction details that make up the student's balance.
- Authorized Party Authentication: The authorized party will receive an email invitation to create an online account. For security purposes, they will have to know the correct answer to this security question to gain access to create an online user account. The AP should contact the student if they don't know the answer to this security question.
- Web Access: The student determines whether the authorized party can create an online account by entering their email address. Upon saving, an email will generate to the authorized party inviting them to create a user account.
- Terms and Conditions: Provides information about what they are authorizing.
- Click Save.