Relay seeks full-time educators who demonstrate a willingness to work hard, a commitment to improving their practice, and a belief that all students can learn, grow, and achieve. In order to be eligible to apply for a program at Relay, applicants must meet the following admissions criteria:
- Applicants must have an official, degree-conferred transcript that shows proof of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Some Relay campuses and programs require a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. Applicants can check if their institution is accredited here.
- Applicants must have secured a full-time classroom position at a partner PK–12 public school.
- Applicants must demonstrate a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants who do not meet Relay’s GPA requirements for admissions and/or cannot provide proof of a degree-conferred transcript prior to being admitted may be eligible for non-matriculated (i.e., non-matric) status. For more information on non-matric status, please see Nonmatriculated Students.
- Because Relay operates in multiple states, applicants may need to meet additional admissions and certification requirements depending on the program to which they are seeking admission. The additional requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of background-content credit, basic-skills requirements, immunizations, exams, and GPA criteria. See Relay’s Support Center for admissions requirements for all Relay campuses and programs. A listing of programs available at each Relay campus can be found in the Academic Programs Guide
Only applicants who successfully demonstrate meeting these admissions criteria will be admitted to Relay. Applicants will be notified that Relay has made an admissions decision via email.