Relay seeks full-time educators who demonstrate a willingness to work hard, a commitment to improving their practice, and a belief that all students can learn, grow, and achieve. In order to be eligible to apply for admission to a degree and/or educator preparation program at Relay, applicants must meet the following admissions criteria:
- Applicants must have an official, degree-conferred transcript that shows proof of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Some Relay programs require a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or institutionally accredited institution of higher education. Applicants can check if their institution is accredited here.
- Applicants must have secured a full-time classroom position at a partner PK–12 school.
- Applicants must demonstrate a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0-point scale.
- Relay’s degree and educator preparation programs are subject to the rules and regulations of the state agencies that approve its programs for operation and enrollment. Applicants to programs leading to educator licensure may need to meet additional admissions requirements. The additional requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of background-content credit, basic-skills requirements, immunizations, exams, and GPA criteria.
- For some Relay programs, experienced educators may have the opportunity to apply to the MAT program with advanced standing, and additional admissions requirements may apply. Students admitted with advanced standing are generally not eligible to pursue certification through their Relay program.
- See Appendix E for a full listing of all state- and program-specific admissions requirements.
Only applicants who successfully demonstrate meeting these admissions criteria will be admitted to Relay. Applicants will be notified that Relay has made an admissions decision via email.