Applicants must send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (even where a degree was not earned). Relay accepts official electronic and hard-copy transcripts.
Electronic transcripts must meet all the following criteria:
- They are sent via a third-party website to email@example.com;
- They include instructions for accessing the verified official transcript via a secure username and password; and
- They are from a U.S.-based institution.
Hard-copy transcripts must arrive in a sealed, unopened institutional envelope, addressed to:
Relay Graduate School of Education
Office of Admissions and Enrollment
25 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10004
OAE will only evaluate completed applications submitted by the final deadline. Admission to Relay is on a rolling basis, so we strongly recommend that applicants complete their admissions process as soon as possible.
Credit from a Non-U.S. (International) Institution
Applicants who earned credit from an institution outside of the United States must send Relay an official, sealed copy of their international transcript in addition to a course-by-course evaluation of their transcript provided by a foreign-credential evaluator. Applicants are encouraged to visit our Guide to Submitting Non-U.S. Transcripts to Relay and set up an office hour with the Admissions team so Relay can best support applicants on the next steps.
Applicants struggling to obtain an official, sealed copy of their international transcript may instead submit one of the following:
- A copy of the official transcript submitted from the evaluation company that accompanies the course-by-course evaluation; or
- A copy of the transcript that the applicant sent to their prior U.S.-based institute of higher education so long as the transcript is sent directly from their previous U.S. institution.
A note on study abroad: Applicants who studied abroad while attending their undergraduate institution are not required to submit their study-abroad transcript to Relay, provided that the study-abroad credits are on their undergraduate transcript.