All students have an obligation to observe and follow Relay’s policies and to maintain proper standards of conduct at all times in both physical and digital spaces. If student behavior interferes with the safe operation of Relay, corrective disciplinary measures will be taken. Disciplinary action may include a verbal warning, written warning, suspension, or administrative withdrawal. The appropriate disciplinary action to be imposed will be determined by faculty and staff. The institution does not guarantee that one form of action will necessarily precede another. The following may result in disciplinary action, up to and including administrative withdrawal:
- Violation of Relay’s policies, procedures, or safety rules;
- Unauthorized possession, use, or sale of alcohol or controlled substances on Relay premises or during class sessions;
- Unauthorized possession, use, or sale of weapons, firearms, or explosives on Relay premises;
- Theft or dishonesty;
- Misuse of technology;
- Inappropriate use of social media
- Abusive or foul language; and/or
- Physical harassment, sexual harassment, or disrespect toward another student, employee, visitor, vendor, or other members of the public.
Relay regards code of conduct violations as serious acts and will treat transgressions against this code as such. Code of conduct violations may, therefore, result in suspension or administrative withdrawal.