Pursuant to the Preventing Sexual Violence in Higher Education Act, students in Chicago are entitled to confidential advisors. Relay Chicago students may contact our community-based sexual assault crisis partner, Resilience, by calling (773) 907-1062. This is not a crisis hotline. If students are in crisis and in the Chicago area, they should call the Rape Crisis Hotline at (888) 293-2080.
New York State Resources
NYC Family Justice Centers
The New York City Family Justice Centers are a program of the Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence.
The New York City Family Justice Centers provide criminal justice, civil, legal, and social services all in one location for victims of domestic violence, elder abuse, and sex trafficking.
Victims can meet with a prosecutor, speak with a trained counselor, and apply for housing and financial assistance in just one place. Children age three and up can play in a children’s room while their parents receive services.
Services are free and available to all victims. Victims can get help at the centers no matter their immigration status or the language they speak. Staff can speak more than 30 languages and interpretation services are also available in many more languages.
Address: 80 Centre Street, Manhattan
Phone: (212) 602-2800
Address: 198 East 161st Street, Bronx
Phone: (718) 508-1222
Address: 350 Jay Street, downtown Brooklyn
Phone: (718) 250-5111 and select 6
Address: 126-02 82nd Avenue, Kew Gardens
Phone: (718) 575-4500
NYC Resource Directories
SAFE Centers for Excellence
Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) services are considered the best and most victim-centered approach to acute health care for sexual-assault patients. SAFE Centers provide sexual-assault patients with:
- Sensitive, victim-centered medical and forensic health care performed by a specially trained Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE). A SAFE is a healthcare provider such as a doctor, nurse, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner.
- Care that is timely, compassionate, and patient-centered, in a designated and appropriately equipped private room.
- Assurance about the quality of collection, documentation, preservation and custody of physical evidence by utilizing a trained and New York State Department of Health–certified sexual assault forensic examiner to perform exams. These examiners are available to provide expert testimony if patients choose to report crimes to law enforcement.
- Psycho-social and legal support by a specially trained rape-crisis advocate or counselor.
- Reliable referrals to mental and physical health care and follow-up services.
- St. Luke’s Hospital (CHP) - Amsterdam Ave. & W 113th St.
- Roosevelt Hospital (CHP) - 1000 10th Ave.
- Beth Israel-Petrie Campus (CHP) - 1st Ave & E 16th St.
- Bellevue Hospital (HHC) - 1st Ave & E 27th St.
- Harlem Hospital (HHC) - 506 Lenox Ave.
- Metropolitan Hospital Center (HHC) - 1901 1st Ave.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (Mount Sinai) - 1 Gustave L Levy Pl.
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia (NYP) - 622 W 168th St.
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-The Allen Pavilion (NYP) - 5141 Broadway
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell (NYP) - 525 East 68th St.
- Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center (HHC) - 760 Broadway
- Coney Island (HHC) - 2601 Ocean Pkwy.
- Kings County Hospital Center (HHC) - 451 Clarkson Ave.
- North Central Bronx (HHC) - E 210th St & Kossuth Ave.
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center (HHC) - 234 E 149th St.
- Jacobi Hospital (HHC) - Eastchester Rd. & Pelham Pkwy S.
- Queens Hospital Center (HHC) - 82-68 164th St.
- Elmhurst Hospital (HHC) - 79-01 Broadway
- Richmond University Medical Center (IN) - 355 Bard Ave.
- NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project: (212) 714-1141
- Safe Horizon: Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline: (212) 227-3000
- Safe Horizon: NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 621-4673
- NYS Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline: (800) 942-6906
National Sexual Assault Hotline
(800) 656-HOPE (4673)
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
(800) 799-SAFE (7233)
National Center for Victims of Crime
Victim Service Helpline