Watch the video below and it will walk you through the steps to take for releasing an education award to an institution of higher education.
1. Log in to your MyAmeriCorps account
2. Confirm that your award is ready for you to redeem
- On the left-hand side, select the “My Education Award” link.
- If your award is ready, you will see the award and amount listed in your “Account Statement.”
3. Create an education award payment request
- From the left toolbar, select “My Education Award” and then the “Create Education Award Payment Request” link.
- Under the payment type, select “Education Expenses.”
- Enter the amount you wish to release.
- Under semester or term, please indicate which term or year you want the funds applied to (e.g. "AY2020-2021" or "Fall and Spring 2020-2021")
- Select the “Search for Institutions” link and enter “Relay” as the institution name. Select “Relay Graduate School of Education.”
- Complete any remaining confirmations and submit your request.
4. Confirm Relay has accepted your request
- Within 4-5 business days of submitting your payment request, your student statement will be updated with a line item titled, “AmeriCorps receipt.”
- If you notice an incorrect amount on your statement or if your statement has not been updated after 1 week from releasing your award, please reach out to us at 212-228-1888 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.