Incoming Relay Denver Residents must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Secure a full-time instructional or paraprofessional position in a grade and subject that matches their intended Relay program of study at a partner school for SY20-21;
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 but less than 2.75 may be admitted as non-matriculated students. (NOTE: Applicants who earned an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 AND provide an official transcript demonstrating they earned a graduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.0, may be considered for matriculated status.)
- Relay cannot consider applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for admission of any kind;
- Submit all transcripts, including an official degree-conferred undergraduate transcript that shows proof of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; and
- Relay Denver offers applicants two options to demonstrate content knowledge for admission:
- 1) Meet Colorado State Board of Education content knowledge requirements, or
- 2) Provide verification of an upcoming Praxis II exam.
All prospective Residents must complete the Relay online admissions application, which includes an essay, resume, recommendation, and state-specific requirements (e.g. certification exams if required).