Incoming Relay Denver Residents must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Secure a full-time instructional or paraprofessional position in a grade and subject that matches their intended Relay program of study at a partner school for SY20-21;
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (although applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 3.0 but at least 2.75 may be considered for admission by submitting an additional letter of recommendation that explains their qualifications for admission to Relay).
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 but less than 2.75 may be admitted as a non-matriculated student. (NOTE: Applicants who earned an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 AND provide an official transcript demonstrating they earned a graduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.0, may be considered for matriculated status.)
- Relay cannot consider applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for admission of any kind;
- Submit all transcripts, including an official degree-conferred undergraduate transcript that shows proof of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; and
- Relay Denver offers applicants two options to demonstrate content knowledge for admission:
- 1) Meet Colorado State Board of Education content knowledge requirements, or
- 2) Provide verification of an upcoming Praxis II exam.
All prospective Residents must complete the Relay online admissions application, which includes an essay, resume, recommendations, and state-specific requirements (e.g. certification exams if required).