If you want to give your videos a professional look, a tripod is essential to make them stable and well framed.
- When you open your tripod’s legs, make sure that they are standing in a firm and stable position.
- Attached to the tripod legs you will find tension levers that you can use to adjust the legs so you get the tripod to the correct height.
- Fine-tune the height of the legs to get the tripod level. Some tripods have bubble levels to help you do
There are two ways to position your tripod legs: One is to position one leg forward and the other is to position two legs forward.
- If you are on even level ground the common position is to have one tripod leg forward. This allows you to stand behind the front leg between the tripod’s other two legs with little difficult
- If however, you are filming on a downward slope you may need greater stability. In this case, you should point two legs forward. This will give you greater frontal support and avoid the tripod falling over.
On the top of your tripod will be a plate or screw. You can remove this plate by opening the rear clip or lever. When you do this, the plate should come off the tripod. Once you remove this plate, attach it to your Smartphone and then reattach it on your tripod.