Using a microphone with your phone:
Before captioning videos:
- Get as close to the sound source as possible
- Connect the mic before launching the app
Types of phone mics:
- 3.5mm headphone jack: You can connect any 3.5mm cable with a cable to your phone, if your phone still offers a 3.5 mm or mini-jack input option.
- microUSB: The change from microUSB to USB-C as the preferred “power port“ coincided with the trend to drop the headphone jack.
Note: quite a few phone makers include a USB-C to 3.5mm-adapter
Wireless / Bluetooth
- Place your Bluetooth headset into discoverable mode, which is sometimes called pairing mode.
- Click the Microphone’s pairing mode button/s
- Wait for the name of the microphone to appear in the list of nearby devices ○ Click "Add a device