Applicants for an Indiana permit or license must show evidence that they have successfully completed education and training on the prevention of child suicide and the recognition of signs that a student may be considering suicide. Please note a training module or combination of training modules taking less than one hour to complete may not be accepted.
Here are some recommended vendors for suicide prevention training from the Indiana Department of Education. Most provide free, asynchronous training with a PDF certificate.
- The Jason Foundation (recommended by IDOE)
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide (a free training including certification)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- At-Risk for PK-12 Educators Online Program
- "Youth in Crisis" through Purdue Online
For additional details, see the resources and updates on Suicide Prevention Training at the Indiana Department of Education.
Once obtained, you must also upload proof of meeting this certification milestone to your “My Checklists” in your Relay Okta account.