**Are you also interested in applying for a TEACH grant? Please click here!**
Direct unsubsidized loans are federal funds that you can borrow to help pay for the costs of your Relay education.
There are 4 main steps for applying for a federal loan:
- Fill out the online loan approval form by clicking here.
- You can also request to change your federal loan request by clicking here.
- Complete your 2022-2023 FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov. Relay is based in New York, so select the state then select Relay as a school to notify (school code: 042086). For guidance on how to fill out the FAFSA, please read the 8 Steps to Filling Out the FAFSA.
- Complete and sign an unsubsidized Master Promissory Note at StudentLoans.gov. Select Relay as a school to notify. Do not fill out the Graduate PLUS MPN.
- Complete loan entrance counseling at StudentLoans.gov. Select Relay as a school to notify.
**Need to apply your aid refund to a previous term's balance? Please click here.**