Upon the submission of all required documentation, Relay, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will engage in an interactive process with students who have medical conditions, including those students who are pregnant or have given birth within six months, to develop temporary accommodations that allow them access to the curriculum. The accommodations will align to students’ requests, medical documentation, Relay resources, and the students’ academic programs. While Relay commits to engage in the interactive process with all students who request accommodations, accommodations may be denied if the requested accommodation:
- is not feasible and sustainable at the local campus;
- puts an excessive financial and/or administrative burden on the institution;
- changes the nature of the academic program or our institution’s curriculum;
- are personal in nature, e.g., requesting personal care attendants, personal readers, or personal devices;
- are not inappropriate in the context, even if directly related to the student’s disability.
Please see Relay’s Disability Policy for information on how to request accommodations due to a disability.